Sunday, January 3, 2016

My Hope for 2016

Happy 2016!  It's hard to believe we are turning the page to another new year.  It is hard to let go of a wonderful vacation with my family over these past days.  The magic, the wonder and awe of the holiday season were palpable in Casa Ricca!

As I reflect on the work still left to be done in this year, I am excited about the future of Montpelier Public Schools.  Our enrollment is projected to continue to rise through the end of the decade, we are largely considered leaders in the state when it comes to personalized learning, and I could not be prouder of the quality of our education thanks to tremendous faculty & staff serving our students and their families.

My hope for 2016 is to further develop and foster more trust in MPS.  By investing in deeper and more meaningful relationships throughout MPS, I hope to grow even more trust in the people that I serve.  Trust is a unique element of relationships, as you must give it in order to grow it.  I am proud that in my five years in MPS, I have built my relationships from a place of giving trust, until it is not earned.  I hope to engender that more and more in the time we have remaining in this school year.

I don't make resolutions at the beginning of calendar years.  I do however offer hopes for my family and for my work.  Tonight at dinner, all four of us shared our hopes for 2016.  And now, I have shared my hope for my professional life.  Will you join me in building more trust in 2016?  If there are ways that I can help grow this trust, feel welcome to share your ideas with me.  I want to earn more of your trust and enhance the relationships in MPS, so that ultimately we can all serve our students and their families.  That is my hope.

What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment